Storms. There are all different kinds. Some are long, and it seems like they will never end. Many are very damaging and have long-term effects even after they are gone. There are those that you can see coming from a mile away as the clouds roll in, and then there are those hit quickly and unexpectedly. That’s what today’s storm did. It began with the wind, and before we knew it, there was lightning, thunder, rain, and then a large amount of hail piling up on our lawn. It came out of nowhere! One minute it was sunny and fair, and the next it was cold and dark. What a site to see!
As menacing as our storm seemed today, it was nothing compared to the one that’s raging in my heart. I don’t know where it came from. I can’t even place my finger on why it’s there. Yesterday things were fine. I was happy. There wasn’t anyone or anything that could change that. Then I woke up this morning and before I knew it, I was in the middle of this crazy storm. Isn’t life like that sometimes? We’re going along just fine and then, BOOM! the thunder hits.
So what do you do when you find yourself caught in a storm? Well, you can run for shelter. Find comfort in friends, family, and the warmth of those around you. Talk it through with someone. Sometimes just talking can help to find the source of the storm, and that’s enough to bring hope for fairer weather. It’s the “we’re in this together” method.
In my case today, I have tried to focus on positive thoughts, uplifting music, and inspirational messages to keep my mind off of the storm. I know that it will pass eventually. I have been trying to figure out what it is that’s bothering me but maybe I don’t need to know. Sometimes it’s not the cause of the storm that matters, but what happens afterwards. Cleaning, rebuilding, healing, and moving on are all important parts of recovery after a storm hits. I know this storm will pass and I will find peace again. For me, that is reason enough to help me wait this one out.
1 comment:
Great thoughts, what a perfect analogy. I really like what you said about waiting it out because sometimes that's about all you can do. They always pass but it's not always easy to wait.
I'm sorry I missed your anniversary...hope it was a good one!! Best wishes.
Post a Comment