Sunday, July 20, 2008

Birthday Fun

July is the month of birthdays in this family. We have 3 of them really close together, just in our immediate family. JS turned 6 on the 13th of this month. RL turned 7 on the 18th. Then my DH turns ??? (we'll keep that a secret for his sake!) tomorrow. Plus my DH's brother's birthday is on the 17th, and his grandmother's birthday is also the 18th. I wouldn't dream of forgetting our best friend's sweet little girl, who turned 3 on the 6th. We end the month with a grand celebration of our 14th anniversary! Yes, I would say that July is a month of celebrating for us.

With lots of birthdays comes lots of...you guessed it, cake! I already posted a picture of the "mud" we had in Walla Walla to celebrate the myriad of birthdays while we were there. We have a tradition of celebrating birthdays with our best friends together, so we had cupcakes for KK's birthday. For JS's birthday we had ice cream cake from DQ.

For RL's birthday we had a princess crown cake that was a joint effort between me and my husband. I made the cake and cut/baked the cookies, and he decorated them! It was fun to work together to make her day a special one. Who knew he could decorate cakes??? I was pretty proud of the outcome but I have to say, that was one of the sweetest cakes I have ever tasted, with all that frosting and sugar!

Then of course, with birthdays, come presents! JS was happy to receive some TransFormers so that he could finally play them with his buddy Ty.




RL, waiting here so patiently to open her gifts, got some new books, (great to read to her dad at bedtime!) amongst other fun gifts.

Yes, July is packed full of fun at our house. I think I'm all caked out for a while! Maybe we'll just stick to ice cream for DH's birthday. Or perhaps his favorite - rootbeer blends.

1 comment:

Andrea P. said...

Oh man, the sugar in the princess cake was enough to put us on a sugar high for a year. I'm so happy we are blessed enough to celebrate throughout the year with your family!