Tuesday, May 20, 2008

He's Growing Up

Ahhhhh.....Spring rain. After a few sunny hot days, it is welcome here. There's something about a good Spring shower that calms the spirit. I love the smell in the air afterwards. It's different from Winter rain. Clean and fresh. Plus we don't have to break out the sprinklers to water the lawn just yet! April showers bring May flowers! Oh yeah, we still had snow in April...we're blooming just a little late here in the Northwest this year! Anyway, nothing like a Spring rain to help the grass, trees, and flowers grow.

Speaking of growing, I registered my third born for kindergarten yesterday. It's hard to believe that he will start school in the fall. In order to register him I had to dig out his birth certificate. In the process, I found some pictures of the day he was born. He was so tiny!


This is one right after he was born in that sweet moment that they first hand your baby to you.

This is him in back in December.

Next month he turns 5. There's an old saying "he's growing like a weed." I prefer to say "his personality is blooming like a flower." As sure as the seasons change, each new season of life brings change and growth. I am excited to usher my son into this season of life as he begins his school years. He is an eager learner, and I look forward to watching him grow.


There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven -Ecc. 3:1

1 comment:

Wani said...

What a beautiful family picture you have on the sidebar!