Friday, June 21, 2013

Siesta Scripture Memory Verses for June

June 1st Verse: 1 Chronicles 29:11  The NET Bible
O Lord, You are great, mighty, majestic, magnificent, glorious, and sovereign over all the sky and earth!  You have dominion and exalt Yourself as the ruler of all. 

I love this first verse because it shows so many of the names of God.  It was so encouraging as I was memorizing it, repeating it over and over again and praising His name all the while!

June 15th Verse: 1 Thess. 3:5 NASB
May the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the steadfastness of Christ. 

The second verse I chose because it speaks right to the core of my being about the depths of Gods love for me and how I am to persevere in Christ.

I hope you find encouragement in His Word today,
Melissa 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that 1 Chronicles 29:11. In our Bible study today we were talking about how when we are more prayerfully before reading Scripture, we can get a lot more out of it, and it's so true. I'm loving discovering His truths. Thanks for sharing your Siesta verses. :) Have a great weekend!

Katharine said...

Thanks for the encouragement today! ave a wonderful weekend.

Rachel Anne said...

Love both of these, Melissa. That NET translation is AWESOME! I need to look into that...wow, that is fantastic.