It seems my blog has turned into a once a month thing. While I don't mind that it has taken a seat on the back burner this Summer, I do miss sitting down and writing once or twice a week. When I started my blog it was to share the
Small Things that I do on a daily basis to create Sancuary in my home. I still partipate with Rachel Anne and other Company Girls over at
Home Sanctuary. I am encouraged on a regular basis by Rachel's posts and the comments that I read there. Like today... I stopped in for Company Girl Coffee, and I was happy to be greeted by a photo of Flash, the Donkey, just hanging out enjoying life.
Sometimes, as I have witnessed this Summer, life just seems to move along at a pace so steady that you don't have time to stop and do the things you love the most. Although this won't be the longest blog post ever, I'm taking a tip from good old Flash and Simply Live in the Moment. Or, if you'll allow it, maybe several moments. I want to share a few of my favorite pictures from this Summer so far.
Thanks for stopping in for coffee. Have a great weekend!
 |
| Watching the gang play "Peanuts" at the Larson Family Reunion...crazy! We "camped" at Camp Kawanis for 4 days and spent time getting to know extended family members making great memories. |
 |
| The kids with my mom in front of her house in Oak Harbor on Whidbey Island |
 |
| Me with my 98yr old Grandma. She still lives on her own...I just love her spirit!!!! |
 |
| The kids climbing the stairs up to the top of the light house at Ft. Casey |
 |
On the beach at Deception Pass State Park.
I was born and raised on Whidbey Island and have crossed that bridge too many times to count! |
 |
| Climbing at West Beach |
 |
| Playing in the water |
 |
| JS's 10th birthday and MUD! |
 |
| RL's 11th Birthday Breakfast |
 |
| Swimming...LOTS of Swimming this Summer!!! |
5 comments:
Hi Melissa thanks for the coffee...love your pictures, looks like lots of fun in your summer! So good to be back at Friday coffee. Have a great weekend!
Don't you just love Flash! Someday I'd like to take him an apple...and maybe get to have a cup of coffee with him mom :) Isn't it amazing how summer flies right by! Your summer sure was busy looks like. What great memories you have. Your children are beautiful, growing up so fast! I love the picture of your sweet great grandma! What a gift to have her still!
So good to spend a moment with you Melissa!
Melissa, it is good to read your blog and catch up with you. Those kiddos are getting so grown up!! Love the pictures and you've made me homesick for Puget Sound. Hugs to you!
What a fun summer! You'll have to tell me more about that bridge. :)
Looks like you have had a great summer!
Post a Comment