Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Siesta Scripture Memory Verse 6

Habakkuk 3:19 (NIV)

"The Sovereign LORD is my strength;

He makes my feet like the feet of a deer,

He enables me to tread on the heights."

It seems that God wants to teach me a little something about leaning on Him for strength. It has been a re-occuring theme in my Bible reading lately.

For some reason, this verse brings the movie Bambi to mind. There's a scene in the movie when the young prince first meets his father that goes like this:

Bambi: He stopped and looked at me.
Bambi's Mother: Yes, I know.
Bambi: Why was everyone still when he came in the meadow?
Bambi's Mother: Everyone respects him. For of all the deer in the forest, not one has lived half so long. He is very brave and wise. That's why he is known as the Great Prince of the Forest.

When Bambi's Mother died, it was "the Great Prince of the Forest", his Father, that took him in and taught him how to survive. Under the watchful protection of the Great Prince, he too, grew to be a brave and wise young buck.

I am also under the watchful care of a Prince. He is my "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6) As I walk with Him through this life, He gives me strength to face each day. As I read His Word, He provides wisdom and understanding that only He can give. When I pray, He fills my heart with hope, and peace.

Yes, The Sovereign LORD is my strength. And I will stand on His Word and declare "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." (Phil. 4:13, NASB)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What great imagery...now, why is it I keep reading about Habukkuk?