I have been looking forward to reporting in again on my 28 in 28 progress, but I also have a few other things that I want to blog about, so rather than write out three separate posts, I'll just combine them today.
28/28 progress: I've been chipping away at clutter. This is day 5. Most days are split between trash (I LOVE throwing junk away), donate, and pack. Today I'm going to dig in and sort my linen closets. I have two of them. A small one upstairs, and a larger one downstairs in our guest bedroom. I am obviously working in two different zones today, but I wanted to get all my linens done at once.
We've set up some new "screen time" rules: Screen time in our house involves tv, wii, playstation, leapster 2, computer, and watching other family members on those things. We had to add the last rule because I was finding that even though I limited my kids' time, they would watch each other and we have five kids. You get the idea. That's a lot of hours that can build up! Mom and Dad are cutting back too. I think I got on the computer all of twice yesterday, only for a few minutes at a time. It felt good!
It's puzzle season! Around this time of year my husband always seems to go puzzle crazy. He went to the store with my daughter and picked out a 1000 piece "I Spy" puzzle on Friday afternoon. It was all put together in less than 24 hours. I suppose that's not too impressive with 7 people working on it, but it sure was a lot of fun!
This post actually took me two days to complete because I've been cleaning, packing, and we've had company over. My Mother-in-Law is here to visit. We're going to church this morning to hear my husband speak for his last time at our church. Then we only have two weeks left there...but I'm trying not to be sad about it. I know God has new and exciting things for our future!
"Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and He will establish your plans." -Proverbs 16:3
2 comments:
It feels so freeing when I get rid of stuff. Somethings aren't even earthly treasures.
I know what you mean about the screen time. I think the kids get it from us because we have smartphone/iphone and check it frequently. =( Should work on that. Luckily, we don't own a TV. Yes, by choice.
I love puzzles! So fun! I think Melody has about 10 or so already. The largest one is 500 which we haven't done yet, but she can do a 100-piece by herself. The best is that you can find them at the dollar stores quite often. But what to do with them afterwards... =p
I think we should all get rid of our clutter it makes life so much simpler, trust the arrangements for the move are going well, I cannot believe the time has gone so quickly.
Post a Comment