Friday, February 11, 2011

Company Girl Coffee 2.11.11

T.G.I.F! I'm happy to have made it to the end of the week. I have been trying to stick with my 28 in 28 challenge, despite this cold that we're passing around. We've thrown out plenty of garbage, packed boxes of things we don't need and stored them in the garage for the move, and bagged/boxed up items to donate. I am going to reach well beyond my goal of 28 bags by the end of this month.
Today was the 100th day of school. LR was so excited! She's been looking forward to it for some time now. The kindergarten classes celebrated together with a popcorn party and lots of activities involving the number 100.
This morning with my 4yr old I finished off one of the hardest puzzles we've ever done. It took us a few days to complete it. Everyone pitched in to help. We didn't realize until we were half way into it that all the pieces had two holes and two prongs. It made it rather difficult because they all seemed alike. The picture was also a lot like a painting, so the colors all blended together. I'm glad it's done. Now we can move on to the next one! :)

Today we got an offer on my dad's house. I'm happy that there is a couple interested in buying it but I have mixed feelings about the possibility of that chapter of my life being closed. I have a lot of fond memories involving that old house. Growing up we would go and visit my Grandma there and after she passed away, my dad moved in. I was living in Seattle at the time, so I would go over and just hang out with him. I miss my dad so much. It's hard to say goodbye to a home that has been such a big part of my life, but I know the memories will remain stored up in my heart forever.

Speaking of memories, we only have two Sundays left at our church. Last week was my husband's final sermon. He did a great job. He got a little choked up when he was talking about how it's God's will for us all to be plugged in at a church. We are going to miss our church family so much! Our time there has been wonderful.

Things are really coming together for the new store. My DH has been planning and ordering, preparing for the big convention that he and my Father in Law will go to in two weeks. They will be ordering all the product for the store there. When they return home from that, they will begin setting up shelves and preparing for opening day! It's all so exciting!

Well, I've got to be moving on to the next thing on my list, but I'm looking forward to getting around for coffee this week. Have a great weekend all! Thanks for stopping in to visit. :)

~Melissa

4 comments:

CindyC said...

I'm glad you took a few minutes to share a bit of your life with us.

My heart goes out to you while you are transitioning. I know it's not easy, but you're being so graceful through it.

Anonymous said...

Hope everyone gets well soon. Something is definitely going around again. =( Happy 100 days of school. I know what you mean about selling the house. Maybe you can blog about some of the memories (keep it as private if you want) so you can remember them. That does look like a difficult puzzles with all the colors bleeding together. Melody is loving puzzles right now too. Can I ask what kind of store you guys are opening? That will be an exciting adventure. My parents owned a restaurant when we were growing up and it was neat to see the behind-the-scenes stuff that happens in the kitchen and the prep work.

One More Equals Four said...

I used to love the 100th day of school when I taught kindergarten. We used to have so much fun!

The puzzle looks fun. My sisters and I used to do puzzles a lot...of course the best ones were when we would stay up late doing them with my grandma who would get sillier the later it got! I think that one might have done me in though!

Sounds like things are going well with preparing for the move! I could use your purging skills at my house! I think it would be so much fun to purchase things for a store, sounds very interesting.

Enjoy your weekend and the last couple of weeks at your church.

LydiaCate said...

I love doing those big puzzles! That one does look hard.

I can imagine how difficult this time is for you as you sell your family home. Praying you will be filled with God's sweet grace during this time.

I've been away so long I didn't even know you were moving. I'll have to investigate to find out where you're going. Love what you're doing to purge and pack! I've been trying to do some major purging. We just have too much stuff!

So good to visit with you!'
Blessings!
LydiaCate