Good morning! Grab a cup of coffee and let me give you something to think about this morning. I am sure that most of you have heard the phrase "pull it together", or something like it, at some point in your lives. Maybe you've seen it in the movies with the infamous face slap, or perhaps you have even said it to yourself out loud, in a frenzy. I know that I have given myself the "come on now, pull it together" pep talk several times over!
Of late, I have not felt at all like I have it "all together." Quite the opposite, actually. Most of the time I feel like I'm losing my mind. Between school starting for the kids, me supplementing our income by babysitting here at home, (which I am very thankful for) and my husband's busy work schedule at the church, I have been quite overwhelmed.
Last night at our worship night, I finally found some peace again. It came to me in this verse:
"He is before all things, and in him all things hold together." -Colossians 1:17
I know now that I don't have to "have it all together!" He is before me when I am doing the dishes for what seems like the gazillianth time. He is before me when my two year old has the flu. He is before my husband in the middle of a crazy busy week. He is before me in the morning when I am trying to get the kids off to school on time and in the afternoons when I am helping them with their homework. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. When I feel like my world is falling apart around me, He is holding it together for me!
Isaiah 43:2 says "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze."
So even though I am weary and I feel like I'm struggling to keep my head above water right now, God is with me. And He's with you too. He is the super glue of our lives!
Thanks for stopping by for coffee. Have a great weekend everyone!
~Melissa~
13 comments:
Wonderful post!
God bless you!
Amen! Thank you for this encouraging reminder to us fellow moms in the trenches! Happy Friday, it was nice having coffee with you ~Michelle
Awesome post. I love that scripture "in him all things hold together" I heard Louie Giglio in his "laminin" talk mention this verse and it just makes me get excited each time I hear it!
Thanks. I'm barely treading water; I needed that.
Melissa that is a wonderful post. I read and re-read it because it is a message that I really need to hear in my life right now.
I think this is exactly what God is teaching me. I CAN:T do it on my own, I have to rely on Him. You would think I would anxiously hand it over and breathe a sigh of relief, but I give it to Him and then quickly try to snatch back control...it is exhausting! Thanks for the encouragement!
Oh thank you so much for your words and those wonderful scripture verses...I, too, have been feeling overwjemed and very weary this last week. Your words were just what I needed!
You always have a good word! Thanks for that! I just can't imagine my world without that divine glue. He is truly what keeps me from curling up in a ball everyday when I get overwhelmed.
Have a great weekend!
I hope your little one is better now. We're still having our summer weather down here. Should be a hot few days. Yikes! Thanks for sharing the verses with us.
Great post and perfect verse! I keep going back to Colossians 1-2 this year...trying to get it down into my heart!
Thanks for the encouragement...needing it this weekend.
Thanks for stopping by. What a wonderful verse...I kinda needed that one, so thanks. Even at my age, with grown kids, I sometimes feel like I can't get it all together. So glad He is in charge of that and not me. :)
What a great post! Perfect scripture too!
My new phrase around the house is I feel like I am drowning! I will keep that scripture in mind throughout the next week.
Blessings,
Kim
What a wonderful blessing! Thank you for the encouragement. I REALLY needed this reminder. I will keep 2 Peter 1:3 very close to my heart.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
First Lady
Post a Comment